1 Opening For 8076 - US - Quality Engineer Position at Tucson AZ Location2012-10-25 09:14:39
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· The Quality and Manufacturing Assurance Specialist - 2 supports the assurance of the Quality and Manufacturing systems and operations for the site. The Q&MA Specialist - 2 supports the product integrity manufacturing output and continuous improvements in the factory including analysis of data in support to product and process improvement. This role will report to the Quality and Manufacturing Assurance Manager.
· Supports compliance of Quality Management System policies and procedures including work instructions and the coordination and deployment of standardized Aero Quality Management System (QMS) and Audit management. Supports compliance with customer requirements, regulatory agencies, government regulations and engineering specifications. Involved with the improvement and efficiency of QMS and audit output.
· Analyze data in support of improving, maintaining, and supporting Quality and manufacturing performance goals and objectives for quality across the site. Responsible for supporting the generation, monitoring, and reporting site-specific quality metrics to the Quality and ISC functions including Factory, Supplier and Field metrics. Involved with the generation and tracking of overall improvement impact including Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), AOP, Quality Measures and Escapes.
· Supports the improvement and maintenance of the Quality systems that are in place in support of transitions. Supports the implementation of product and process improvements and controls to assure sustained product quality results at the completion of the transitions.
· Performs activities related to quality objectives across the site, including generating, monitoring, and reporting site-specific metrics to enable the reduction of Quality escapes, Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and Materials Review Board (MRB) events. Participates with the New Product Development (NPD) Engineers and the Integrated Product Delivery and Support (IPDS) process (Phase 1-5) for product transition into manufacturing including supporting the sign-off approval process. Provides input for Phase 6 programs including Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) gap closure plans.
· Supports Quality Assurance by: Performing the administrative process activity for revising and maintaining the Quality Manual, manufacturing work instructions, method sheet control and revisions. Providing quality assurance information as needed for Change Control Board (CCB) and Configuration Management (CM) actions. Planning and providing training regarding QMS policies and procedures.
· Assess Quality Management System by: Monitoring and maintaining Regulatory Compliance and coordinating internal and third party audits in applicable functional and process areas. Monitors Customer CARS and escapes and provides RCCA and CAMP information to reduce re-occurrence.
· Supports the maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) policies, procedures, and work instructions. Assess that process controls are in place to ensure work Instructions, Tooling, and Factory Test Equipment are available and in use. Supports all internal, customer and regulatory audits as required. Supports and provides input to Root Cause, Corrective Action (RCCA), Corrective Actions Mistake-Proofing (CAMP), eCATS, data mining and working Quality Notification (QN) processes. Provides feedback changes to the Design Engineers regarding design issues impacting product integrity. Document and train step by step method sheets and work instructions for manufacturing products.
· Support analysis and identification of Quality capital equipment needs. Provide information regarding department budgets.Support Quality and Manufacturing Assurance Activities by:
· Providing required P&P Team information at daily technical and production Tier meetings and work RAIL items as needed
· Providing manufacturing assistance on SAP processes as needed, and provide SAP data mining as needed for P&P Team
· Performing administrative activity for revising and maintain manufacturing work instructions processes, method sheet control and revision control
· Executing and maintaining integrity of Material Review Board (MRB) and non-conforming product processes
· Coordinate customer product delivery and quality improvement plans
· Plan and provide training regarding QMS policies and procedures
· Support continuous product and process Quality improvements across the ISC value chain, including Quality engagement into client’s Operating System deployment. Support Quality and Manufacturing Assurance improvements and achievement of AOP in the following: PPM, Escapes, First Pass Yield, COPQ and Safety.
· Support development of Customer Quality improvement plans by collecting an analyzing metrics and coordinating customer CARs.