1 Opening For 9023 - Product Engineer Components Position at Livonia MI Location2013-04-16 17:24:26
Salary Range: Not mentioned
* Design and Release responsibility of automatic transmission external control (shifter) systems. Applicable hardware includes floor and I/P mounted shifters, shift cables, cable attachment brackets and potential for shift by wire components. Also looking to expand the scope of this job to include CATIA based concept design for core shifter components so that Client can drive the shifter designs/ architectures prior to sourcing. Interface with the Design Studio, CAD/ CAE, Program PMT's, Purchasing, Full Service Suppliers, STA and B&A Plants to design, deliver and launch shifter systems that meet functional, craftsmanship, styling, quality and cost targets. Coordinate and align shifter system development with global vehicle programs and full service suppliers. Work with design and testing teams to understand and improve component performance, reliability and durability to meet key governmental safety requirements. Analyze data and make recommendations for improved reliability and durability performance.
* Previous design/ engineering experience on injection molded parts (IP/ center stack/ console/ shifter are prime examples). WERS (Worldwide Engineering Release System). Ability to perform nominal studies, tolerance stack analysis and functional GD&T.
* Familiarity with DFMEA, DVP&R, ES Specs and Inverted Delta safety critical characteristics. Looking for a CAD capable engineer to support concept design studies.
* Ability to perform nominal studies, tolerance stack analysis and functional GD&T. Familiarity with DFMEA, DVP&R, ES Specs and Inverted Delta safety critical characteristics. Looking for a CAD capable engineer to support concept design studies. Previous automotive component/ system D&R experience required. Must be able to work with and manage full service suppliers for robust designs, optimized cost, weight and function.
* Previous shifter system D&R experience preferred. Previous powertrain experience preferred. Six Sigma greenbelt/blackbelt certification preferred.
* BS Engineering required
* MS Engineering preferred but not required