1 Opening For 2272 - Design Drafter - Torrance Position at Torrance CA Location2012-11-23 19:54:25
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· The duties consist of leading the graphical evolution of new products from layout to drawings including correctness of proportion, arrangement of internal components, necessary dimensional information and material and/or process suggestions.
Essential job functions:
· The duties consist of leading the graphical evolution of new products from layout to drawings including correctness of proportion, arrangement of internal components, necessary dimensional information and material and/or process suggestions. The incumbent produces final drawings or 3D/Solid models independently or in conjunction with others. The design drafting process requires the incumbent to utilize the Computer Aided Design (CAD) System to produce a variety of drawings and layouts to enable better visualization, clearance checks, and also provide manufacturing information for Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) operations. Therefore, competent usage of CAD equipment is essential. He/She will support Engineering, Sales, and Program Management for bid and proposal efforts by providing layouts and assemblies in an expedient manner including collecting all Drafting submittal data into a complete package ready for transmittal to the customer.
· Tasks include organization and planning of the number and types of drawings required to represent the design, exercising technical cognizance over Drafting personnel when assigned, checking detail drawings for completeness and accuracy and general follow through on product design. The incumbent is responsible for coordination of his/her project(s) and must be sensitive to schedule requirements, sometimes directing others in this effort. He/She will be required to participate in status review meetings and provide estimates on level of effort.
· To attain this position, the incumbent must have a well rounded background derived from progression through most facets of Drafting. In addition the Design Drafter should possess above average design skills, strong creative and investigative skills, and be well structured and organized. The incumbent must possess a comprehensive knowledge of good drafting practices and techniques, machine shop practices, part fabrication methods, mathematics through descriptive geometry, dimensioning techniques, and geometric tolerancing. A familiarization of basic properties and strength of materials as well as stress and thermal effects is also required. In addition, a Mechanical Design Drafter should have a good understanding of mechanical hardware design for kinematic mechanisms and packaging them in customer defined envelopes.
· Need to be proficient with Unigraphics and Teamcenter.
· This position requires a minimum of an Associates Degree in a technical major, preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Technology with a minimum of 8 years Drafting/Design experience.
· The managers are looking for someone with strong Unigraphics experience with Solid Modeling. This job is currently approved for 6 - 10 Months, but has a high possibility of being extended. Quality candidates should have Gear Modeling experience as they will be working on Gear Boxes/Manifolds in this position.