1 Opening For 21 - Senior Project Manager Position at Lansing MI Location2013-04-15 10:21:14
Salary Range: Not mentioned
Senior Project ManagerThe senior project manager (PM) plans and coordinates work teams, and provides management and technical support to project team members. He/she handles complex projects and designs and implements project plans. The PM generally manages a group of applications developers or infrastructure specialists. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The senior project manager has seven (7) or more years of overall experience. The project manager:
· Provides recommendations for improvement of project management processes currently in use
· Performs training, mentoring, and knowledge transfer as assigned
· Manages and oversees large, long range, or multiple complex projects
· Develops project documentation, including: o Project scope statements o Cost estimates o Human resource requirements o Work plans o Time schedules o Risk plans o Communication plans
· Assigns work to project team members to meet project or program objectives
· Establishes and monitors program or project priorities, objectives, and procedures, determining area objectives, targets of service, and resource needs allocation.
· Provides leadership and direction to the project team to ensure successful project completion
· Develops and maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work
· Serves as a liaison between DTMB, MDOT, and MSP customer/users concerning requests, standards, and other program and project matters.
· Coordinates work activities by scheduling staff assignments, setting work priorities, and directing the work of assigned employees, (including contractual) in the development of new information technology systems and enhancements to existing systems.
· Uses client’s standard methodologies such as the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE), Systems Engineering Methodology (SEM), and Project Management Methodology (PMM) in the maintenance, development, enhancement, and deployment of information technology systems
· Maintains awareness of emerging technologies and project management techniques The resource selected for this contract manages the Crash Modernization IT project at MDOT. The Crash Modernization project consists of the revision of the Crash Report form (UD10) to be in conformance with the Model Minimum Uniform Crash Criteria (MMUCC) standards and the re-writing of the Traffic Crash Reporting System. This effort will engage several law enforcement agencies (Michigan State Police, local and county law enforcement agencies), electronic crash reporting vendors, and the Crash Data Users Group (CDUG). The project manager is responsible for ensuring that the project adheres to client’s standard methodologies including the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE), Systems Engineering Methodology (SEM), and Project Management Methodology (PMM).
· Seven (7) years’ experience leading and managing technical IT projects. Seven (7) years’ experience coordinating activities between vendors and multiple client areas – excellent verbal and written communications is required. Seven (7) years’ experience working with diverse group, consensus building, and team building. Seven (7) years’ experience developing IT project documentation including project charters, risk plans, communication plans, and resource plans. Five (5) years’ experience working with technical project team resources to develop database design documents (including logical and physical data models and entity relationship diagrams) and data backup, recovery, and archive procedures. (Please note that PM’s are not required to create these deliverables. They are required to ensure that the deliverables are created and meet all DTMB standards) Four (4) years’ experience using the Client’s standard methodologies: SUITE (State Unified Information Technology Environment)
· PMM (Project Management Methodology)
· SEM (Systems Engineering Methodology) Three (3) years’ experience with program status reporting using Red/Yellow/Green status concepts. (e.g., Clarity reporting tools) Three (3) years’ experience in developing and maintaining detailed project work breakdown structures (WBS) using MS Project and/or CA Clarity. Three (3) years’ experience working with technical project team resources to create functional and design specifications, including use case scenarios. (Please note that PM’s are not required to create these deliverables. They are required to ensure that the deliverables are created and meet all DTMB standards)
· Five (5) years’ experience supporting a project/program control/management office preferred. Three (3) years’ experience working with highway transportation related IT systems or projects/project management offices preferred. At least four (4) years’ experience working in state government (ideally Michigan) preferred. Knowledge of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) preferred. PMP certification preferred.
· DTMB Agency Services supporting MDOT oversees a portfolio of more than 200 software applications. These applications include small-scale utilities, department-wide systems, mission-critical department applications, and complex multi-agency systems.
· In addition to overseeing the software portfolio, DTMB Agency Services:
· Manages Legacy Application Modernization Program (LAMP) projects
· Manages large application development projects Manages MDOT’s annual infrastructure program
· Supports MDOT’s annual application maintenance program The Traffic Crash Reporting System (TCRS) is used for capturing and reporting of Crash data used by State, Local, and Federal agencies. The analysis of this data is used to identify Safety Related Programs that are implemented at a local, state, and federal level. Crash data reported in conformance with Model Minimum Uniform Crash Criteria (MMUCC) standards. The current Crash Report form (UD10), which is used by all police agencies in Michigan
Skills Requirement: Min Requirement/Field of Study:
· Managing IT Projects: 7 Years
· Coordinating activit: 7 Years
· Diverse group: 7 Years
· Developing IT projec: 7 Years
· Technical project te: 5 Years
· SUITE, PMM and SEM): 4 Years
· Red/Yellow/Green sta: 3 Years
· Work breakdown struc: 3 Years
· Technical project te: 3 Years