1 Opening For 8663 - EUC Tools Team Engineer Position at Irving Texas Location2013-04-15 10:14:47
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· Assist Energy Future Holdings and its business units to be a high-performing company through the effective, reliable, efficient, standardized deployment of enabling technologies that aggressively creates value by utilizing internal and external expert resources in a structured and effective manner.
· The Cross Functional Tools and Reporting team member serves as a key technology expert with strategic responsibility for the technical and operational enabling, support, configuration, and maintenance of enterprise technologies utilized to support organizational business objectives.
· This person will assist architecting and tools configuration and support, change, incident and problem management duties for their respective areas, and be responsible for developing reports as requested to drive analytics. These reports and tools can support severity and critical issue management, resolving open issues, root cause analysis, capacity and performance management, operational monitoring.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
(Other duties may be assigned. In this position, either directly or through others, the candidate will):-
· Perform administration, configuration, and support activities for enterprise PPM (HP Project Portfolio and Management Center). Understands project management concepts and can contribute best-practice advice during project workflow planning sessions.
· Develop approaches, methodologies, policies, and standards to govern Tools and Reporting team systems.
· Support roadmaps; develop plans and steps to implement new services within Tools and Reporting architectures as needed.
· Follow standard adherence of the Tools and Reporting systems and solutions.
· Work with business users and SME's to determine best approach to satisfy user requirements, gaps and risks.
· Perform special projects as assigned / required.
· Utilize vender & 3rd party for day-to-day support of team systems.
· Participate as technical subject matter expert & ownership of small to medium sized IT projects as required to ensure technical engineering deliverables.
· Ensure that that any Service Level Agreements and Disaster Recovery plans for the enabling technologies are adequate and relevant.
· As directed, develop metrics to track the performance of enabling technologies utilized in Energy Future Holdings and its business units.
· Suggest, define, and implement KPIs to measure performance and identify improvement opportunities.
· Participate streamlining and improving efforts to simplify support and increase speed of service.
· Interface with the Business for requirements gathering, testing and certifications for change support of systems.
· Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 level support for troubleshooting of Tools and Reporting severity issues, primarily around the HP PPM application.
· Assist in development of Tools and Reporting policies and procedures.
· Develop and coordinate the documentation for configurations, deployment processes and testing plans.
· Be available 7/24 as need during on call rotations.
· Develop and maintain a deep understanding of value drivers for EFH business units in order to inspire and achieve innovative value creation strategies.
· Possess the relationship skills, cultural awareness, and organizational prowess required to work effectively in a large, highly-matrixed organization. Capable of delivering results through a position of influence, not authority.
· Maintain industry relationships and look to all sources available to develop the best technology strategies.
· Ability to drive outsourced support resources to meet operational and delivery objectives.
· Adept communication for complex concepts to diverse audiences with varying skills sets.
· Communication skills are critical. Must be able to communicate with the technology providers and business leaders and outsource support staff. An ability to understand the technical details and communicate the essentials at a high level is essential.
Education, Experience, & Skill Requirements:
· At least 2 years experience administrating and using HP Project Portfolio and Management Center (PPM)
· Exposure to the following enterprise tools strongly preferred: BMC Remedy, BEM, AlarmPoint, MS SCCM, HP SiteScope, HP Quality Center and Performance Suite, HP Service Manager, HP BSM Suite.
· Basic understanding of web-related programming and scripting concepts.
· Ability to use Automation tools like Shell scripting, Windows scripting, Perl, PHP, etc.
· Ability to work in a distributed team spread between US and India and other off shore locations.
· Ability to work with External Vendor teams made of architects, developers, systems admins.
· Past exposure/certification in ITIL V3 strongly preferred.
· Exposure to production/data center environments.