1 Opening For 2322 - Shipping & Receiving Clerk Position at East Aurora NY Location2013-04-15 08:36:52
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· Must be fully versed in and has knowledge of all Computer Systems (ex:MBS) transaction screens to perform: shipping & receiving.
· A high degree of accuracy is required to maintain the integrity of recepts and shipments.
· Additionally, the incumbent is expected to participate and be actively involved in 5-S and continuous improvement activities.Essential Job Functions:
· Working in a team-based environment, the shipping/receiving clerk is responsible for preparing products for shipment and receipt of materials from customers, vendors, and subsidiaries. He/She examines and verifies contents and compares with documents such as manifests, invoices, packing slips etc. for accuracy and quality of incoming/outgoing shipments.
· Prepares required documents and hardware for shipment. Contacts carrier representatives to arrange and issue instructions for receipt and delivery of materials.
· Confers and corresponds with internal customers to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages and nonconformance.
· Unloads, delivers and/or routes materials to departments using material handling equipment, such as hand truck, fork truck, dispatch vehicles, etc. Maintains shipping material inventory, records, logs and files., Knowledge of industry standards for preservation & packaging, shipping/receiving procedures.
· Familiarity with UPS, Emery, FedEx and other carriers' procedures is required.
· Read, interpret and understand customs documentation, forms and other matter related to receipts, shipments, exports and imports.
· Computer skills for mainframe businsess system, intranet and email.
· Manage competing tasks requiring a high level of accuracy. Apply simple mathematics calculations, such as addition, subtraction multiplication, division for daily use.Education:
· Minimum High School diploma or equivalent is required. Three months shipping and receiving experience or twelve (12) months experience in materials/inventory control is desired.
· To be considered eligible for this position, candidate’s drivers license may not be suspended or revoked with in past 24 months and driving record may not exceed 6 points.
· High School Diploma, and at least 3 months of material experience.
· Fork truck experience/certification a strong plus.