1 Opening For 2321 - Shipping & Receiving Clerk Position at East Aurora NY Location2013-04-18 09:32:26
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· Must be fully versed in and has knowledge of all Computer Systems (ex:MBS) transaction screens to perform: shipping & receiving.
· A high degree of accuracy is required to maintain the integrity of recepts and shipments.
· Additionally, the incumbent is expected to participate and be actively involved in 5-S and continuous improvement activities.Essential Job Functions:
· Working in a team-based environment, the shipping/receiving clerk is responsible for preparing products for shipment and receipt of materials from customers, vendors, and subsidiaries.
· He/She examines and verifies contents and compares with documents such as manifests, invoices, packing slips etc. for accuracy and quality of incoming/outgoing shipments.
· Prepares required documents and hardware for shipment.
· Contacts carrier representatives to arrange and issue instructions for receipt and delivery of materials.
· Confers and corresponds with internal customers to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages and nonconformance.
· Unloads, delivers and/or routes materials to departments using material handling equipment, such as hand truck, fork truck, dispatch vehicles, etc.
· Maintains shipping material inventory, records, logs and files., Knowledge of industry standards for preservation & packaging, shipping/receiving procedures.
· Familiarity with UPS, Emery, FedEx and other carriers' procedures is required.
· Read, interpret and understand customs documentation, forms and other matter related to receipts, shipments, exports and imports. Computer skills for mainframe businsess system, intranet and email.
· Manage competing tasks requiring a high level of accuracy. Apply simple mathematics calculations, such as addition, subtraction multiplication, division for daily use.Education:
· Minimum High School diploma or equivalent is required. Three months shipping and receiving experience or twelve (12) months experience in materials/inventory control is desired.
· To be considered eligible for this position, candidate’s drivers license may not be suspended or revoked with in past 24 months and driving record may not exceed 6 points.
· High School Diploma, and at least 3 months of material experience.
· Fork truck experience/certification a strong plus.