1 Opening For Laser Technician Position at Bowling Green OH Location2013-04-18 09:31:50
Salary Range: Not mentioned
Summary of Responsibilities:
· This position responsibility is specific to ensuring that the laser process and equipment is aligned to the production requirements ensuring the least amount of machine downtime is achieved targeting an OA of 95%. The responsible candidate needs to champion; the laser process to achieve customer requirements, and the preventative maintenance of the equipment and fixtures. Provide leadership and accountability for personnel and productivity of assigned shift. Oversee and direct team members in a safe, quality-minded and productive manner to attain production priorities as scheduled. The laser technician must possess excellent leadership and human relations skills, be decisive and responsible, and lead by example. The laser technician must demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude and work toward continual improvement.
· The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and essential duties required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Trouble shoot and obtain appropriate support to fix problems
· Optimize and create laser programs.
· Maintain program database and Back-up of machines.
· Perform optical chain repair or replacement of components.
· Recommend measures for and participate in continual improvement of quality methods, equipment performance, and product quality
· Maintain effective communication with team members via pre-shift and individual meetings regarding company policies, procedures, work rules, process documentation and environmental regulations
· Review all production objectives and coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with department area leader and other shift personnel to maximize product reliability and minimize costs
· Lead by example by wearing PPE at all times
· Assist in training, communication and performance coaching.
· Lead all team members to focus on zero defects
· Maintain an open and honest relationship with fellow team members and help encourage this attitude; treat all team members with dignity and respect without favoritism
· Promote and practice “safety first” policy by addressing all hazards, defective equipment and unsafe conditions immediately
· Ensure team member safety awareness through training, pre-shift meetings, and individual consultation; strive for continuous improvement in injury reduction
· Work closely with engineering to maintain equipment through preventative maintenance and continual improvements.
· React and follow through with all quality issues to ensure that no defective products are shipped to customers
· Maintain effective communication and coordination with all internal customers, plant management and team members; maintain positive team member relations
· Handle confidential information on a regular basis
· Promote and facilitate Open Door process without reprisal, effective communication and Fair Treatment
· Adhere to customer requirements, Business Operating System and company policies
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction
· Able to work well with others; build and maintain positive team member relations
· Able to prepare, read and interpret written reports, instructions, procedures and guidelines
· Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, team members, suppliers and customers
· Able to maintain confidentiality, and use discretion and tact
· Able to work flexible hours and overtime
· Able to calculate figures and amounts, such as percentages and proportions
· Able to use computer and software as required
· Able to work under pressure of meeting schedules, personnel issues, production deadlines and managing multiple priorities
· Ability to modify laser programs and laser paths by using CAD data and/or CMM reports
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED or equivalent experience
· Minimum 2 years’ experience of Tool & Die Maker, Controls Technician, Electrician, Millwright
· Able to understand G programming code an asset
· Knowledge of Hot Stamping systems and Laser Cutting experience preferred
· Quality control and SPC knowledge
· The work environment is primarily plant floor and is characterized by temperature extremes; loud noise and considerable tow motor traffic.
· The individual must be able to perform all essential functions as appropriate on the plant floor, in meetings, and with team members, management, customers and suppliers.
· Attend departmental, plant and training meetings as scheduled and ensure team member participation as appropriate
· Travel Required (initially a substantial amount)
· Attend leadership training as required and scheduled
· Overtime as required