1 Opening For 0035 - Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst - HP, QTP Position at Lansing MI Location2013-04-15 10:44:59
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to establishment guidelines: Writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently.
· Reviews new or modified program, including documentation, diagram, and flow chart, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines.
· Recommends program improvements or corrections to programmers.
· Reviews computer operating log to identify program processing errors.
· Enters instructions into computer to test program for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to establishment standards.
· Observes computer monitor screen during program test to detect error codes or interruption of program and corrects errors.
· Identifies differences between establishment standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards.
· Sets up tests at request of user to locate and correct program operating error following installation of program.
· Conducts compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs.
· Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
· Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
· May evaluate proposed software or software enhancement for feasibility.
· May develop utility program to test, track, and verify defects in software program. May write programs to create new procedures or modify existing procedures.
· May train software program users.
· Quality Assurance Analyst capabilities with 8 or more years of experience in the field or in a related area.
· Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Performs a variety of tasks.
· May lead and direct the work of others.
· A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
· Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Works in conjunction with the project team to evaluate applications based on business/functional requirements and designs and develop test cases accordingly.
· Applies test methodology and product knowledge in the design of tests and testing strategies for the analysis and certification of products.
· Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality for large and complex projects.
· Communicates issues identified during quality assurance activities to development and provides recommended process improvements to management.
· Experience with Test Management tools Microsoft Team Foundation Server, HP Load/Road Runner, HP QTP (Quick Test Professional).
· Ability to conduct training & information sessions, communicate at a level appropriate to the audience, make oral and written reports and presentations.
· The candidates selected for an interview must take and pass an on-site examination during the interview to demonstrate knowledge of JEE software engineering techniques.
· The candidate must meet the basic qualifications of 7 or more years of generic IT experience as defined for a Quality Assurance Analyst.
· In addition, specific skills required for this position are listed below.
· Minimum 5 years in Software Quality Assurance in client server and web applications.
· Minimum 5 years in the documenting of test plans, test cases, test results.
· Minimum 3 years utilizing HP Load/Road Runner and HP QTP (Quick Test Professional) to create test scripts for automated testing.
· Experience analyzing requirements and developing test cases.
· Experience in a QA role through the complete Software Development Life cycle on a complex software development project.
· Advanced proficiency with all MS Office applications and Microsoft Visio.
· Strong written and communication skills.
· Experience interfacing with technology leadership as well as the business client.