1 Opening For 0128 - CAE Engineer Durability Position at Dearborn MI Location2013-01-03 14:55:23
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· Work with cooling system D&R engineers to reduce PD and manufacturing cost through durability Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) simulations;
· Support cooling system GPDS process for forward models;
· Help resolving current model issues through CAE simulations;
· Develop and support global cooling system CAE sign-off and analytical DV process;
· Work with test labs to validate cooling system designs and correlate to CAE predictions;
· Develop durability CAE methodologies and improve CAE prediction accuracy for cooling system
· Solid background in structural mechanics including mechanics of isotropic and anisotropic materials, modal and vibration theory, fatigue analysis, is required.
· Knowledge in heat transfer, advanced fluid mechanics is preferred.
· Knowledge and hands-on experience of structural CAE codes such as NASTRAN, ABAQUS, LS-DYNA, ANSA, HYPERMESH, NSOFT, FDYNAM is a plus;
· Hands-on experience in lab testing is desired;
· Good communication skills and team player;
· Experience in structural durability CAE analysis, lab testing, and/or cooling system product design is preferred.
· Minimum Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or related engineering discipline is required with advanced degree preferred;