1 Opening For 3670 - Lab Technician Position at Bay Point CA Location2013-05-15 16:53:44
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· High School graduate and Bachelors degree in Chemistry or related discipline required. May accept work experience in lieu of higher education.
· A minimum of 5 years as a lab technician is required. This requirement may be reduced or waived with higher education in chemistry or related industry or technology experience.
· Significant experience and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Demonstrated proficiency at routine mathematics, which includes addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
· Excellent track record of operating lab equipment and maintaining daily records for work performed.
· Must work efficiently and within established time frames and effectively function within a team environment and demonstrate leadership abilities.
· Excellent communication, analytical, and follow through skills.
· Be available for rotating shifts.Responsibilities: Principal Accountabilities:
· Lay-up of pre-prep materials on molds (tools) and performs assembly of bonded composite. Makes lab product batches per standard practices. Bonding and assembly of composite structures using various epoxy adhesives.
· Operate and troubleshoot all complex equipment required to perform project work such as analytical, pilot, and plant equipment. Able to learn new equipment and instruments quickly and train other technicians.
· Develops and performs routine and non-routine tests with minimal direction. Collects, analyzes, and interprets data providing solid foundation of information to project teams.
· Enters accurate data in lab notebooks, computer databases, and test reports. Ability to understand and perform mathematical and statistical functions. Designs and prepare data reports, graphs, and charts on results as requested. Train other technicians on efficient and accurate data input.
· Applies solid understanding of the chemistry used in aerospace adhesives and the theory behind formulating and testing adhesives or composites.
· Adapt processes to new materials.
· Coordinates or leads group projects including planning, scheduling, and directing work and ensuring deadlines and expectations are met.
· Demonstrates creativity and ownership in problem solving and resolving technical issues.
· Demonstrates initiative in improving procedures and processes, offering better ways to meet customer expectations, and bridging ideas into actions with guidance from supervisor.
· Follows proper material storage and handling and disposal of hazardous waste materials.
· Write papers and/or assist in the research for papers on specific product qualifications or product development.
· Uses resources to enhance knowledge and skills.
· Effectively train new or temporary laboratory assistants and technicians.
· Conduct daily activities in accordance with the Safety, Health and Environmental policy. Compliance to all policies, procedures and work instructions is crucial to the successful operation of this facility and is a job requirement. The employee is expected to report any non-compliance or non-conformance to these policies, procedures and work instructions to management.Performance Expectations:
· Excellent lab capabilities including ability to use a variety of lab and testing equipment, mixing equipment, lab glassware, and other standard lab tools.
· Demonstrate excellent computer skills for data reduction, reports, and presentations.
· Ability to effectively lead and direct others in a team environment.
· Adhere to high standards of attention to detail, accuracy, and safety.
· Able to handle pressure in a positive manner.
· Demonstrate outstanding external and internal customer support.
· Able to adjust to manage multiple projects, changes in workflow, prioritize as needed, and meet deadlines.
· Must maintain high level of energy and professionalism on the job.
· Build effective working relationships with customers, vendors, co-workers, cross-functioned groups, and management.
· Practice good housekeeping habits throughout the facility with focus and personal contributions towards a clean and organized assigned work area at the end of the assigned shift.