1 Opening For 2435 - Help Desk Analyst Position at East Aurora NY Location2013-04-15 11:20:11
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· The Help Desk Analyst provides support to the Help Desk including other Help Desk Analysts, Operators, Operations Analysts, Desktop Support Team, Application Administrators and System Analysts.Essential job functions:
· This person is responsible for answering most of the incoming support calls, dispatch of the appropriate personnel, insuring prompt and timely closure of support issues, building of the Knowledge Base and monitoring the requests that come in and are logged in the Service Desk software.
· The incumbent will be working with Help Desk personnel at various sites throughout Inc.,Other Responsibilities:
· Participate in the preparation of written materials to assure that the technical information is put into easily understood language. ,
· Participates in monitoring and evaluating customer concerns, issues, and satisfaction levels.,
· Assists in the design, development, and maintenance of all Service Desk procedural issues with respect to satisfying customer needs. ,
· Set up, implement, and monitor customer feedback processes to continually improve the call center operations. ,
· Ensure that call center personnel; understand the priorities of the call center, that their work is focused on those priorities, and that they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process.,
· Patiently listen to the user’s questions and concerns.
· Explain answers in a concise and logical manner.,
· Understand current technologies used
· Be able to answer questions from the users concerning these technologies.,
· Provide a sense of professional advice to customers. (Internal and External),
· Learn and understand how to setup, administer, and trouble shoot customer accounts for a variety of systems used here
· Analyze data from Call Center software; detect trends, association, and cause-effect relationships.,
· Participate in the discussions concerning products, upgrades, materials, vendors or consultants and how these decisions impact the customers.,
· Diagnose customer complaints or problems as user error, hardware/software fault, or process/procedure inefficiency, and participate in determining appropriate action.Required Skills:
· Includes knowledge of emulators, custom software packages, network navigation, print queues, Desktop and Start Menu applications, file systems and managers, drivers, networking, email and voice mail systems, ERP Packages, Microsoft Office Products, Windows Operating Systems, MVS, CICS, Unix and Call Center Software.
· Must have good knowledge of IT terms.
· Excellent customer service skills and written & verbal communication skills are imperative.
· The ability to perform professionally under pressure and quickly adapt to new situations is requiredEducation:
· Associate degree required, Bachelor degree would be a bonus but not required