1 Opening For 2097 - Auditor GAO Position at Dearborn MI Location2013-03-08 16:55:07
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· Staff Auditor working as part of a team led by a GAO Audit Supervisor.
· Strong understanding of auditing and accounting principles (CIA / CPA preferred).
· Strong understanding of ABS securities, treasury functions and banking functions.
· Control and process oriented mindset with strong analytical skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· 35-40% domestic Travel is required.Skills Required:
· Complete audits of Company processes in accordance with GAO and IIA standards.
· Develop audit comments and management recommendations to improve the business.
· Communicate findings directly with all levels of management.
· Coordinate audit testing with the external auditors.
· Identify areas of control risk and determine the effectiveness of internal controls and operational controls.
· Plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks within a defined time period.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including spreadsheet skills and analysis.
· Write and speak clearly, concisely and persuasively.
· Work effectively with others.Experience Required:
· Min. 3-5 years prior audit experience in internal control and/or accountingExperience Preferred:
· Apply auditing principles in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors standards.
· Understand accounting principles and have a working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation.Education Required:
· Candidates must possess an undergraduate degree (BA, BBA, BS).
· Majors desired are Accounting, Finance, or Business.Education Preferred:
· CPA/CIA certification and MBA are also desirable.