2 Openings For 3319 - CAE Engineer Multi-body Dynamics Position at Dearborn MI Location2013-04-18 13:54:30
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· Provide Global Engine Engineering Programs with Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) support for engine mechanical system dynamics (e.g. valvetrains, cranktrains, cam drives).
· Provide dynamics loads and/or boundary conditions to support Durability CAE and NVH CAE efforts.
· Support component and program teams with all required CAE ending dynamics analyses; identify CAE support needs and priorities.
· Assist problem resolution of performance and quality issues as required.
· Develop, validate and apply new dynamics CAE methodologies to support Engine design process in the concept, prototype & production stages.
· Support development and implementation of validated analytical tools into DVP&Rs.Experience Required:
· Knowledge of cranktrain system, valvetrain, and/or camdrive
· Experience with CAE analyses of the cranktrain dynamics, valvetrain dynamics, or camdrive dynamics using commercial CAE packages such as AVL Excite, Ricardo Valdyne, LMS VL Motion, MSC ADAMS, Simpack, or others
· Knowledge of functions and components of an internal combustion engine
· Understanding the principles of hydrodynamic bearings and mechanical & hydraulic interaction
· Knowledge of linear static and normal mode FEA analysis.
· Knowledge of statistical methods and their applications to engineeringComputer Skills:
· Working knowledge of Windows 7 & Vista and Linux operating systems; basic knowledge of scripting and programming
· Working knowledge of Matlab scripting and data processingEducation Required:
· MS required, Ph.D. preferred in the area of mechanical system dynamics, systems dynamics, multi-body dynamics, internal combustion engine dynamics, turbo machinery dynamics, rotor dynamics, or related fields