1 Opening For 1069 - Shop Floor Manager Position at Madison Heights MI Location2013-04-23 10:39:46
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· The shop manager is responsible for overall safety in the shop and supports overall facility safety.
· Enforce use of proper safety equipment and PPE.
· Monitor and enforce safe work practices.
· Maintain a safe work environment by identifying and eliminating safety hazards
· Insure all equipment is safety inspected and tested if required at the prescribed intervals.
· Arrange for repair or removal of unsafe equipment and tools from the work environment.
· Investigate accidents or injuries and prepare necessary reports.
· In conjunction with the Safety Manager, maintain safety records for the facility.
· In conjunction with the Safety Manager and Security Officer, maintain all safety equipment in the facility.
· Participate in the Safety Committee.2. Training
· The shop manager, in conjunction with the Safety Manager is responsible for proper training of shop personnel as required by OSHA, MIOSHA and Client.
· Insure all personnel are trained on equipment before operating it.
· In conjunction with the Safety Manager, maintain training records.
· Maintain adequate technician skills and training to properly operate the shop facility.
· Insure specialist training skills are maintained and up to date.3. Work Planning Tasks
· Using standard planning documents, estimate labor hours for shop work orders (SWOs). Operate and manage the SWO process in Chase.
· In conjunction with Program Managers, maintain planning calendar for upcoming work.4. Resource Allocation and Monitoring Tasks
· Coordinate and prioritize shop work orders based on schedules, priority and delivery requirements.
· Arrange for vehicle availability and workspace allocation
· Once shop work orders are approved, assign to floor supervisors and technicians based on skills and experience of personnel.
· Using SWO metrics, monitor labor utilization and report potential concerns to the responsible Chief Engineer5. Facility Maintenance Tasks
· Manage all facility maintenance tasks including both scheduled maintenance and repairs. Maintain necessary maintenance records.
· Maintain a maintenance calendar for scheduled maintenance on all facilities equipment and systems.
· Coordinate with Office Administrators for office facility repairs and maintenance.6. Shop Maintenance Tasks
· Manage all shop maintenance tasks including both scheduled maintenance and repairs. Maintain necessary maintenance records.
· Maintain a maintenance calendar for scheduled maintenance on all shop equipment
· Coordinate with Floor Supervisors for shop related repairs and maintenance.
· Manage hazardous waste removal.
· Arrange for removal of scrap materials.
· Maintain cleanliness of shop and proper storage of shop equipment and tools
· Maintain cleanliness of yard area and proper securing of vehicles and equipment
· Develop and maintain Maintenance Policies and Procedures.7. Materials Procurement
· Maintain shop consumables inventory
· Arrange for repair/replacement of tools and equipment
· Submit purchase order requests for tools, materials and services as required, in accordance with Client’s Defense procurement guidelines.8. DOT Program
· Maintain vehicle compliance with Client’s Defense DOT program
· Maintain vehicle records
· Insure all active vehicles contain the necessary safety equipment
· Transmit DVIRs and time logs to the DOT program Driver Coordinator
· Insure vehicles are only driven by properly qualified and licensed personnelRequirements:
· Two year Degree or Equivalent or Higher
· 10 years experience in similar position
· MS Office Applications
· ASE Certified (Recommended)
· Commercial Driver¿s License (CDL) is recommended
· ISO 9001 Awareness / Experience