1 Opening For 2769 - Sr. Front End Engineer/Web Video Develop Position at Chelsea NY Location2013-07-02 15:17:06
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· Build core video players and related components to create superb user experiences and enable the advertising business goals.
· Integrate the video players into the consumer facing sites of our leading-brand properties
· Collaborate with product managers, designers, backend engineers and usability engineers to refine the user experience.Required Skills:
· 6+ years of work experience in general web application development, with 4+ years with front-end development
· Work experience with online HTML5 video and/or Flash video player.
· Advanced knowledge of jQuery
· Comfortable working in an agile development cycle environment experience integrating front-end code with JSP, JSTL and taglibs or other back-end languages.
· Knowledge and experience with XSLT
· Experienced with version control (SVN preferred), content management methodologies
· Solid understanding of web/usability/accessibility standards excellent troubleshooting skillsPreferred Skills (bonus if you have these):
· Experiences with the Platform video player development kit (PDK).
· Experiences with FreeWheel ad service development and integration.
· Experiences with web analytics integration with Adobe SiteCatalyst/Omniture.
· Experiences with HTTP Streaming.
· Other equivalent expertise with the following products is also beneficial: Brightcove, Ooyala, Kaltura, and JWPlayer.
· Experience with large consumer facing CMS integration, Adobe CQ and BrightSpot a plus.
· Extensive knowledge architecting Front-End frameworks.
· Knowledge of web application lifecycle, MVC and other design patterns
· Experience with unit and functional test cases using Selenium.You Should Also:
· Be able to work with minimal supervision and with remote co-workers
· Be passionate for building world-class products
· Have a strong sense of commitment and responsibility for your work
· Have excellent communication and time management skills
· Have demonstrated prior career growth and a desire to learn
· Have a keen interest in emerging technologies
· Have a friendly, positive attitude - we're a friendly group!