1 Opening For 9273 - Product Engineer Position at Auburn Hills Michigan Location2013-05-31 16:42:29
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· Responsible for designing and developing a product/product family.
· Ensures production procedures efficiently utilize materials and personnel.
· Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
· This position will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing and production release of a Body-in-White system and/or components.
· Other responsibilities will include quality improvements, weight reduction, cost reduction and other efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.Required Qualifications:
· 2-5 years of experience in CATIA V5 parametric design in a production release environment.
· Knowledgeable in use of Unigraphics NX and Team Center.
· Intermediate to advanced level of design/development engineering experience in Body Body in White, Closures, or Exterior Systems.
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering.Additional Preferred Qualifications
· Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability.
· BIW in-plant launch experience preferred.
· Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) preferred.
· Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) preferred.
· Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) green / black-belt preferred.
· Knowledgeable in regards to high strength steels, weld parameters and GD&T.
· Proficient in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).