2 Openings For 5924 - Manufacturing Eng Powertrain Position at LIVONIA MI Location2014-07-28 11:26:18
Salary Range: Not mentioned
* PTME Systems Engineering
* Controls Engineer Position
* Provide launch support for machining and assembly controls systems (hardware/ software).
* Co-lead simultaneous engineering design meetings with process engineers and Tier 1 suppliers.
* Ability to program and troubleshoot Schneider, Bosch and Siemens PLC and CNC/Motion Controls systems.
* Support engineering system integration of CNC controls, gantries and auxiliary equipment.
* Support implementation of distributed controls architectures for assembly, including manual/ automatic stations, designs pallet routing and trafficking strategies with reinsertion and regression processes.
* Lead the implementation of standard RFID systems including complexity management, scheduling and QOS strategies.
* Verify safety of equipment by having a strong knowledge of international electrical/ safety standards (UL, ISO, IEC) and familiarity with internal/external safety processes (risk assessments, PSS, integrated safety, etc.).
* Design and read electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic prints.
* Ability to troubleshoot communication network architectures and field bus protocols.
* Integrate controls systems to plant floor manufacturing execution systems.
* Support launch reviews with program management.
* Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment
* Ability to work within a diverse team.
* Interest in the automotive industry and Powertrain Operations
* Individual must be a team player and willing to take a leadership role in project setting.
* Five + years experience with controls engineering.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong computer skills (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD).
* BS in Electrical Engineering (preferred).