1 Opening For 2606 - Buyer/Planner Position at East Aurora NY Location2013-09-11 15:40:14
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· The general function of the Planner/Buyer is for the analysis of requirements for programs or products and the generation of realistic production schedules for the Client’s machine shop, assembly and test, and the externally sourced supply chain. After release of the schedules the Planner / Buyer monitors progress against completion dates and takes appropriate action to insure on-time completion of Client’s commitments to customers. This requires a comprehensive knowledge of materials and requirements planning tools as well as Client’s planning and purchasing policies. The Planner/Buyer role excludes sourcing new suppliers and negotiations.
· The Planner/Buyer will have a level of knowledge about the product line (s) they support. Periodically they will be called on to work with multidiscipline teams made up of Client’s employees and customer representatives. They must be able to work in this teaming environment, handle the project assignments, and manage their normal workload. Certification(s) in purchasing, supply chain management, and/or production and inventory control or equivalent job experience will enhance eligibility.Essential job functions:
· Analyze Bills of Material, routings, and demand. Place purchase orders or work orders for required level of product. Responsible for proper part coding and provides input to BOM structure.
· Monitor status and maintain accurate schedules within MRP. Communicate issues in a timely manner to Master Planner and/or Program Manager.
· Works directly with the internal supply chain to optimize workflow. Monitor and adjusts schedules regularly through capacity constrained areas.
· Work through corporate purchasing and expediting to optimize product flow through the majority of suppliers. For products or processes not covered by corporate purchasing, direct interface with suppliers will be required.
· Continuous Improvement - Proactive efforts with supply base to improve on-time delivery or quality and reduce cost. These include internal as well as external suppliers. Examples are LTA's with additional sources, vendor managed inventory, etc..Education:
· Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering or Associates Degree in Business or Engineering and 5 years related experience in materials or sourcing, APICS Certification in Purchasing, Production and Inventory Control is a plus