1 Opening For 2607 - Senior Supply Specialist Position at East Aurora NY Location2013-12-09 13:52:42
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· The Senior Supply Specialist is primarily responsible for the identification of the source of supply that will meet Client's requirements for best value, on time delivery, and high quality. The requirements for this position begin while the product is still in the design stages. The Senior Supply Specialist works with the design, manufacturing, material, and process engineers to match supplier capabilities with design requirements. This role requirements knowledge of key commodity markets, contracting, and negotiations. The processes used to accomplish these tasks must be compliant with the documented systems and proceduresEssential job functions:
· Supplier development that involves new supplier evaluation, existing supplier management, and resolving sourcing issues.
· Develops knowledge for key commodities that covers the market pricing, market make up, trends in the market, and alternative markets or technologies.
· Supports proposal efforts including supplier selection and negotiations of supplier agreements. Works with Master Planners on outsourcing needs, establishing blanket purchase orders, and vendor managed inventory (VMI).
· Establishes Long Term Agreements (LTA) or pricing Agreements that meet the company objectives with regard to cost control and guaranteed supply.
· Provides pricing information that will be used to support cost proposals being made to Client’s customers. Works closely with commodity buyers and supply specialists on LTAs and site-wide blanket orders.
· Leads cross-functional teams on finding new sources, supplier selections and negotiations.
· Proactively works on process improvements for greater implementation of DTS and VMI programsRequired skills:
· Proven general capabilities in procurement practices and supplier and/or customer development
· Proven specific capabilities in understanding and communicating the technical aspects of the goods and services procured.
· Desirable qualifications would include: Certification in Purchasing, Production and Inventory Control, Supply Chain Management, additional education and a Master's Degree in Business, Engineering
· Bachelor's degree (vocational, professional, or advanced) In the field of supply management, engineering, business
· Greater than 5 years of progressive experience (usually post-education) in the field of Manufacturing Management