1 Opening For 3705 - Senior Network Analyst Position at RICHMOND VA Location2013-08-15 09:04:38
Salary Range: Not mentioned
Sr. Network Engineer (Sr. Network Analyst)
· The primary goal of the Sr. Network Engineer is to provide highly available and high performing network solutions for our internal customers.
· The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for the design process and facilitating the installation of the design.
· The candidate must be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices, CAT5E copper, fiber optic cabling and network management systems.
Desired Experience, Skills and Work Ethic / Qualifications:
· Detailed knowledge of IP and Ethernet Based Data Network Technology. Engineering design concepts & fundamentals to include network security devices, multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches and Wireless platforms.
· Cisco multiprotocol router and multilayer switching experience is required.
· Juniper multiprotocol router and multilayer switching experience a plus.
· Strong understanding of Network Security.
· Knowledge of single and multimode fiber installations.
· Knowledge of copper CAT5E cable installations.
· Knowledge of telecommunications room design.
· IPv6 experience a plus.
· Effective computer skills including detailed knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Products to include Visio, Power Point, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
· Demonstrate strong technical documentation skills. Visio
· Small project leadership experience.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Experience developing small project estimates.
· Analytical, abstract thinking and problem solving skills.
· A self starter.
· Work effectively within a team environment.
· Willing to adhere to established best practices, standards and change management policies and procedures.
· Ability to accept constructive feedback via peer review, as well as provide the same feedback to other team members.
· Flexibility to adapt to changing work flow.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Cisco, BICSI and A++ certifications are a plus.
· Six – eight years telecommunication/network experience.