1 Opening For 1058 - Scheduler / Planner Position at Denver CO Location2013-09-13 16:55:23
Salary Range: Not mentioned
Corporate Project Scheduler
· The scheduler position will provide scheduling support for the construction and maintenance of natural gas facilities (booster stations, pipelines, compressor stations, processing plants, etc.) based out of the Denver, Colorado office.
· Scheduler will develop and maintain project schedules with input from the project team and contractors involved in the project(s).
· This position requires interaction with the Project Managers to develop, update and interpret the schedule through standardized reporting and the development of custom reports, when necessary.
· Position will coordinate with corporate and other regional offices in the implementation and training of project team members on scheduling processes and use of MS Project.
· Provide full cycle project controls service from initial planning through detailed scheduling and change management
· Utilize Microsoft Project Professional 2010 daily and demonstrate full proficiency
· Demonstrate advanced knowledge of project control principles
· Set up basic design and construction schedules and possess the knowledge of calculating physical % complete and calculating overall percent complete for the project
· Implement consistent planning, scheduling, and resource management processes to meet varying project sizes, scope, and needs
· Create and maintain baseline schedules; Perform critical path analysis
· Lead in the creation of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), including development of schedules and inputs into the project control database, MS Server
· Analyze schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas
· Lead project planning and schedule review meetings
· Identify process, performance, productivity, and other improvements, and work with various levels of the organization to plan and deliver those improvements; Lead, provide oversight, or participate on improvement teams, as appropriate
· Exercise independent and professional judgment in solving problems and coordinating issues as it relates to cost and schedules and exercise independent judgment in dealing with contractors and team members in solving scheduling problems
· Five to ten years’ experience in planning / scheduling using MS Project.
· Bachelor degree, preferably in Engineering or Construction Management
· Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications – Excel, Word, Project Server
· Project Management, Planning and Scheduling; Knowledgeable in Earned Value
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team skills, presentation and facilitation
· Strong analytical skills; Passion for process discipline and continuous improvement
· PMP, CAPM or PMI-SP certification a plus
· Technical knowledge of the oil/gas industry
· Strong commitment to safety
PMO Controls and Support Manager role shares responsibility with the
Regional Project Management & Execution teams for company Portfolio
success by providing coaching, training, tools, processes, and
governance oversight such that projects deliver on schedule, on budget,
and within governance controls.
· This is a leadership position in the Regions and will be responsible for managing the Regional Satellite Offices.
years Project Management experience or experience supporting Project
Managers in a PMO office supporting Engineers.
management on one or more successful petroleum, petrochemical, and/or
natural gas pipelines/plants; project structure of core team,
construction management, and contractor(s).
Coaching and supervision of Satellite resources to support
Regional Portfolio to include Project Schedules, Coordinators, and
Financial Control Analysts. 25% - Provide coaching, mentoring and
training to Project Execution teams, specifically, Project Managers and
- Works collaboratively with Program Management team in the
implementation and adoption of new processes and tools. Supports
vision for consistent and standardized use of Tools across the
· 20% - Ensure quality, timely and accurate project status and financial reporting for the Project Portfolio.
- Review critical project issues and ensuring Executive level
visibility and mitigation plans when working with the project teams.
- Liaison to company Internal Audit for Project Execution team.
Develops tracking/feedback mechanisms to communicate risk or audit
shortfalls and develops remediation plans.