1 Opening For 7488 - Sr Engineer Manufacturing Position at Vandalia OH Location2013-09-05 16:01:10
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· Provide manufacturing engineering support to HVAC assembly operations focusing on continuous improvement and problem solving.
· Responsibilities include but are not limited to: continuous improvement initiatives to improve throughput, increase assembly operation PPHH, improve OA and focus on preventative maintenance and trouble shooting.
· Due to the high amount of controls content in our cells we are looking for a controls related background with a high ability to understand and execute ME fixes and initiatives.
· This individual will also need to develop local supplier capabilities to repair key components for assembly cells and systems and set up a system for spare parts availability.
· In addition to this work the candidate will be responsible for HVAC heat exchanger testing and be expected to maintain, troubleshoot and improve both existing and newly launched cells.
· Engineering support to the launch of new product programs. This includes the development and/or modification of plant layouts, coordinating the installation of additional process equipment, equipment and tooling debug, and demonstration of process capability and quality to customer standards.
· Provide engineering guidance to Product Engineering to develop robust designs for HVAC product manufacturability.
· Past experience with manufacturing and controls engineering where responsibilities included the care of tooling and/or equipment. Heat exchanger assembly and testing (heater core and evaporators) is a plus.
· MUST have both Injection Molding Processing and Tooling experience”. Will consider candidates with 1-3 yrs experience, 60 - 70% of the position requires this experience.
· Experience with Allen Bradley control systems including RSLogix 5000, RSView, and IP Ethernet Communication.
· Demonstrated problem solving experience in methodologies such as Shainin Red X or Green Belt
· Proven record of the implementation of new equipment and production lines including all aspects of project management and meeting timelines and budget constraints
· Good mechanical and electrical aptitude. Hands on individual with a great team building attitude is a must. Willingness to work occasional Overtime and weekends when the need arises.
· High level of analytical ability, creativity, and problem solving skills. Continuous improvement activities background.
· Experience with QS9000/TS16949 requirements. (Preferred)Educational Requirements:
· Bachelor's Degree - Engineering