1 Opening For 5510 - Computer Client Field Analyst Position at San Francisco CA Location2013-11-01 09:50:47
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· The Computer Client Field Analyst provides face-to-face (desk side) computer technical support for internal clients.
· Troubleshoots and analyzes technical problems relating to computers, printers, and other PC peripheral devices.
· Determines equipment requirements and prioritizes equipment replacement schedules per department standards.
· Analysts may participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
· Supports and maintains effective face to face relationships with clients.
· Strong customer service skills are important in this position.
· Provide desk side support (hardware/software support & training); local & networked printer and MFP devices and other PC peripheral devices (e.g. Blackberries, Air cards etc). This includes limited support for any software titles on the company's standard image.
· Perform data recovery on failed hard drives as directed
· Work with other service providers to coordinate resolution of Incidents and Service Requests, including acting as the local point of contact for any vendor representatives coming on site to perform IT-related tasks
· Requires the balance of technical expertise, task management and teamwork, while serving our customers
· Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with PCs/laptops, software, communications devices, servers and network connections as required
· Ensures processes and procedures for installation and troubleshooting, are appropriately documented (e.g., SMC knowledge base), by submitting feedback to individuals responsible for updates
· Ensures accurate and timely documentation of work (e.g., service tags, time reports, etc.), by daily updating of Service Requests in SMC database
· Provides after-hours, on-call support for urgent issues on applications used by clients, call centers Distribution, Substation Operators, and/or Operation Emergency Center
· Takes appropriate action (e.g., phone calls, pages, emails, etc.) to contact responsible support personnel to handle system wide events (e.g., system outages, software rollouts, down servers, application failures, etc.)
· Demonstrates full understanding of desk side support, troubleshooting and resolution concepts
· Completes assignments of moderate scope and complexity
· Selects methods, approaches and tactics to resolve problems and obtain solutions
· May participate on project teams
· Assignments are generally low to moderate risk
· Receives little instruction on day-to-day work and general guidance on new assignments