1 Opening For 5524 - Program Manager, Senior Position at San Francisco CA Location2013-11-08 15:09:41
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· Program Management is responsible for executing major projects and maintains knowledge of design & construction management, project planning & execution, project estimating and procurement for property renewal and new construction activities.
Educational / Experience Requirement:
· A Master’s degree or equivalent in management, construction or a related technical field strongly preferred.
· Extensive experience in corporate space planning, design, and construction necessary.
· Architectural, construction, estimating and design experience required.
· A minimum of 10 years of senior leadership experience in a real estate, design & construction, project planning and implementation function is required.
· Demonstrated experience in leading and influencing complex corporate project planning, development and visioning at the senior level. Industry certification preferred and demonstrated success in developing and executing major enterprise-wide programs and/or strategy.
· Extensive experience directly leading, managing and mentoring work teams or leading 3rd party project delivery resources/team (typically larger, more experienced team) through the entire project lifecycle and ensures ability to identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation plans and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
· Demonstrated ability to influence diverse teams at all levels of the organization – especially at the executive level.
· Demonstrated ability and motivation to lead others, promote a team environment, and coach and mentor professional, senior level staff.
· Drives continuous improvement as a process; consciously sponsors innovation and change (i.e. lean six sigma or similar process experience)
· Ability to interact effectively at the Senior Director and Officer level in presenting the proper strategy and portfolio planning for corporate real estate
· Proven strong, diverse and complex design and project construction management knowledge and planning skills.
· Demonstrated ability to link strategic direction and tactical actions to achieve desired results.
· Ability to understand and solve diverse and complex issues through clarity of thought and critical thinking.
· Ability to develop clear goals, track and manage progress, and deliver consistent results.
· Exceptional verbal, written and presentation communication skills - demonstrating flexibility, change management abilities and customer focus.
· Assertiveness and decisiveness coupled with an ability to drive decisions quickly and effectively.
· Exceptional team leadership and collaborative skills.
· Exceptional negotiation, conflict resolution and influencing skills.
· Ability to a lead team in an ambiguous environment.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
· The Program Manager is responsible for developing and leading a comprehensive strategy for all phases of for this $75 million initiative including initiation, planning execution, monitoring, controlling and closeout phases and in conjunction with Sourcing for all procurement and contracting.
· This resource will lead efforts to balance scope, time, cost, risk and quality while maintaining a positive environment that promotes a high performance team made up of internal employees and outsourced PMs and the activities of numerous vendors involved in planning, design, construction and turnkey delivery project managers. The Program Manager will act as the Project Executive with all internal parties involved including the internal client department, as well as the other internal stakeholders that are integral player on this initiative at an Executive level.
· The Program Manager acts as the primary face of the team internally and externally in all matters concerning project planning, design, construction and regulatory compliance.
· This individual in conjunction with the Strategy and CRM team will partner with the Business Group, Finance and other business partners to understand business requirements and common goals for business and operations plans alignment to ensure and champion the successful execution of projects and improvements in a satisfactory, efficient and effective manner.
· This individual will partner with senior leaders in the various lines of business throughout the Company to ensure that all current and future business requirements and common goals are taken into account in business and project planning.
· This effort includes the development of policies, programs, processes and procedures to ensure proper planning and responsiveness to the Company’s growth or contraction over time.
· Lead the development of enterprise design standards, construction and program management guidelines and tools for this $75 Million initiative.
· Ensures proper policies and procedures are enacted and proper controls are in place to execute project scope, budget, schedule, and quality while minimizing risk to the company.
· Develop regular reporting and benchmarking tools for internal control and management updates.
· Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
· Engage with lines of business senior leaders teams as a primary internal point of contact and accountability in project planning and execution. Partner with LOB management teams to ensure that needs are understood and properly addressed. Establish client relationship for construction planning and synchronizing with business present and future growth requirements.
· Ensure effective relationships with LOB Senior Management, HR and Finance leaders to determine and set short and long term real estate project plans for area sites.
· Deliver business reviews and plans to Directors and Officers on behalf of the department.
· Provide guidance and oversight to ensure that all pricing and project estimating and approve detailed project estimates take into consideration internal resource hours and out of pocket costs.
· Lead the management of projects and teams according to approved Statement of Work documents and project plans.
· Lead the execution of the deliverables routing process to ensure internal approvals from all project stakeholders are in place prior to client presentations and final file releases and that all senior LOB managers are advised and in agreement with the project planning.
· Work closely with internal teams on an ongoing basis to ensure project requirements are clearly defined, met and understood.
· Oversee the preparation and maintenance of project documentation: project plans, status reports, change requests, and resource requests.
· Oversee internal and Service Provider team work to write and approve Statement of Work documents outlining all aspects of a project.
· Oversees the creation and maintenance of realistic project schedules according to client and Company needs.
· Prepare risk mitigation plans for major projects to account for unforeseen delays.
· Promote continuous improvement by managing through effective process, methodology, and training. Identify, develop and implement processes and best practices within the area to support the continuous improvement.
· Ensure there is an effective area/site partnership with Program Management and Facilities Management as well as supporting peer organizations including IT, Finance, Security, Sourcing and HR. Foster service delivery integration to business clients.
· Lead change and reinforce change management strategy/plans to drive consistency and adoption within the workplace.