1 Opening For 2846 - Contract Administrator Position at East Aurora NY Location2014-03-26 13:57:01
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· Under the direction of the Manager of Contract Administration, the Contract Administrator directs and monitors all contractual activities to insure compliance with the Divisional contractual obligations between Client and its customers.Essential job functions:
· The Contract Administrator reports to the Manager of Contract Administration along with Associate Contract Administrators, Senior Contract Administrators, Contract Data Administrators, Repair Administrators, Order Entry Secretaries, Administrative Assistants and Secretaries. In some cases, the Contract Administrator may receive program direction from Senior Program Managers.
· The primary focus of the incumbent is to ensure the integrity of Client's contractual commitments. The Contract Administrator monitors all activities related to meeting the company's performance objectives on assigned contracts, interacts with Client and customer personnel to ensure compliance with all contractual requirements to protect the company's legal position. When legal support or advice is required, the incumbent consults with Corporate Legal Counsel.
· Beginning with the receipt of a purchase order, the Contract Administrator is responsible for review of the contract to insure consistency with the Client proposal, and for job order entry into the Client production master schedule of MRP. The incumbent provides continual follow-up on technical and delivery issues with engineering and manufacturing respectively, and coordinates other internal departmental activities required to support the contract.
· The incumbent has regular contact with the Sales & Marketing department to advise on advanced production schedules in anticipation of customer requirements while minimizing the impact on Client's inventory levels. This also requires coordination with divisional disciplines to establish lead times consistent with contractual requirements for prototype and production hardware. The incumbent also assists the Sales & Marketing department with forecast data that is also entered into the Client MRP system for planning purposes. If changes occur, which have an impact on the contract, the Contract Administrator must have the ability to interpret these from a technical, quality, and manufacturing perspective, formulate proposals, and function as Client's contractual representative in negotiations.
· The incumbent may also be responsible for administration of foreign contracts. This requires the Contract Administrator to be thoroughly knowledgeable about the legal ramifications of proposing to foreign nationals, selling of U.S. military hardware and shipping high technology product overseas.Required Skills:
· The Contract Administrator must possess a working knowledge of Client's products, programs, organization, technical processes, MRP system, and accounting systems. A considerable amount of customer contact is required and occasional visits to customers are involved. The incumbent's expertise in handling these contacts and the general quality of the service provided by this function considerably influences the customer's attitude toward Client. This position requires knowledge of Client and defense industry sales techniques and government procurement regulations, a general knowledge of Client manufacturing and engineering procedures, familiarity with shipping and invoicing procedures, a working knowledge of Client's pricing policies and cost structuring, knowledge of contract interpretation, and a feel for technical issues. The incumbent must have the ability to motivate and deal effectively with people both inside and outside the company. All direct personal contact and correspondence must reflect a high caliber of intelligence, conciseness, clarity and good English usage.
· Fluency with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
· Experience with US Government, International and Commercial Contracts
· Experience with Various Contract Types (T&M, FFP, Cost Reimbursable)
· Understanding of Export / Import Regulations
· BA degree or a BS degree (business administration or a technical discipline is preferred) and at least 2 years working experience in Sales & Marketing, Contract Administration, Production Control, or Engineering