1 Opening For 5865 - Procurement Specialist Position at San Francisco CA Location2014-02-06 10:24:20
Salary Range: Not mentioned
· The Procurement Specialist holds the responsibility of supporting Corporate Real Estate services procurement, supporting the Senior Procurement Specialist and Senior Category Lead in strategic sourcing, contracting, procurement and supplier oversight of Electric Distribution business in support of Sourcing Electric Distribution Saefty and Shared Services Portfolio.
· The position provides integral support to strategic sourcing leadership and guidance to our internal business clients supporting sourcing events as well as tactical procurement and contract administration services.
· Assist our internal business clients with the development of all contract related documents.
Procurement & Contract Development:
· Work collaboratively with key line of business partners to develop and write contracts through negotiations and/or competitive bid processes.
· Work with other subject matter specialists, Law, Internal Audit and Insurance departments as required.
· Examples of contract related work products include: Master Service Agreements, Long and Short Form Contracts, Change Orders, Contract Work Authorizations, Request for Proposals and related reports, letters and correspondences.
· Ensure inclusion of effective supplier diversity language in all contracts.
· Provide support to the Supervisor in governance of contract approval process from contract creation through contract award.
· Review purchase orders and contracts as part of procurement approval process.
Market Assessments & Negotiations:
· Develop and maintain specific knowledge and expertise, as well as familiarity with general market conditions and trends. Conduct negotiations with contra
· Minimum of 2 years of equivalent experience including strategic sourcing
· Experience in and ability to negotiate complex contracts (typically $10M and below)
· Understanding of procurement processes, policies, procedures and contract law
· Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
· Strong Contract Writing and Management skills
· Cost evaluation skills Negotiation skills
· Supplier Diversity understanding
· Strong Client Focus
· Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management (or related industry experience)
· Six Sigma training
· Category Strategy Development
· Utility industry experience
· SAP/SRM Master Level experience